Table of Contents
- 3. Personal Data We Collect
- 4. Your Rights
- 5. How We Use Your Personal Data
- 6. Integrity and Retention of Personal Data
- 7. Data Security Precautions
- 8. Complaints
- 10. Contact Us
Deeside Business Forum / DBF (“We”/ “we” or “us”) takes the security of your personal data very seriously and its data privacy practices are in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- What data we collect
- How we use it
- How you can access it
- How to opt-out of data processing
This policy applies when you interact with Deeside Business Forum including the Deeside Business Forum “website” / “Website” located at www.deesidebusinessforum.co.uk
It does not apply to any other website you might reach by clicking a link on the DBF website.
3. Personal Data We Collect
We collect data so that we can provide you with the best possible service. You may provide some of this data directly or indirectly. We collect the following data:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence (including email and phone conversations)
- Your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, historical transactions and other information which you supply to us
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
Cookies are small files containing text that websites store on your computer to store user and visitor behaviour information.
Although you can disable cookies, some features on our website may not work on your device properly. For more information on this, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/
3.2. Website Analytics
3.3. IP Addresses
IP addresses are unique numerical addresses that are assigned to entry points in your network, which might be your computer, a wired router to an office or your wireless router at home. These IP addresses are logged by our Apache webserver software and are used only for the diagnosing of faults or determining the source of cyber security attacks e.g. hackers. They will never be passed to third parties, although law enforcement agencies to assist investigations is an exception to this.
We embed videos on our website from YouTube. They may use tracking cookies to track users, which are often used for keeping a history of videos watched, to provide future recommendations and to track the number of times a video has been watched.
4. Your Rights
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- Require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- And object to the processing of your data where Deeside Business Forum is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com or request in writing at: Data Protection, Comtek Network Systems (Deeside Business Forum), Unit 108 Tenth Avenue, Zone 3 Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire CH5 2UA
If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
5. How We Use Your Personal Data
Deeside Business Forum treats your privacy with the utmost importance. We will use the personal information gathered in our normal course of business primarily to provide services, offers or news you have requested, and for administration purposes:
- To confirm identification when you contact us
- To keep you informed of any special offers or promotions that we believe might be of particular interest to you
- To communicate with you any services you have requested are unavailable
- To review the conduct of and to administer/operate your accounts
- For statistical analysis, including automated techniques
- For record-keeping purposes
- For market research
- To track activity on our website
- To improve and monitor our services provided to you
- For the prevention of crime and fraud
6. Integrity and Retention of Personal Data
7. Data Security Precautions
When you supply us with your personal information, we ensure only those employees who need access to it can see it. Sensitive information such as credit and debit card information is encrypted and secured from “man-in-the-middle attacks” using 128-bit SSL. When you are on a secure page, a padlock icon will usually feature at the top of your browser.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
In the event that you feel we have processed your information in such a way that does not meet GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
10. Contact Us
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In writing: Data Protection, Comtek Network Systems (Deeside Business Forum), Unit 108 Tenth Avenue, Zone 3 Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire CH5 2UA