New DBF Member: Mold Business Forum
The Mold Business Forum provides business owner/managers with trading entities based in the Mold/CH7 area a vehicle through which likeminded people can get together to share experiences, learn from each other and mentor each other. The MBF also provides excellent wider networking opportunities both through our own events but also in conjunction with other local organisations.
We look forward to welcoming you to our events and to being a Member of the MBF.
Mold Business Forum (MBF) was formed more than 20 years ago by Mold businesses as a local Chamber of Trade. It provided members with an opportunity to meet socially and to network with other similar people with business interests in the Mold-CH7 postal area.
Recently, a small group of Mold businesses agreed to build on the MBF’s traditional roots to provide a Forum through which businesses could have a voice on local matters with access to key people in Flintshire County Council and Mold Town Council. The MBF is also a key stakeholder in the Mold Town Partnership so that business interests are included in the Mold Town Action Plan and the Local Development Plan for Flintshire. The MBF was established to provide a vehicle through which members can obtain support, advice, information and exchange ideas and information and lobby local and national government.
There is a very diverse set of businesses in the Mold area from small start-up companies and sole traders through to those that have been operating for many years. They include niche high-tech specialists, professional service companies, and consultants, many of whom are UK- and world-leaders in their specialist sectors. Mold has the reputation as outperforming many larger towns in terms of its retail offering that includes many independent retailers as well as branches of national chains. Mold’s vibrant town and community, and hinterland of surrounding villages, contribute to the Mold area being an excellent location in which to base any company; the MBF is here to help you, as a local business person, and your business to thrive.
The MBF is open to ALL business people; from high-tech business and professional services, through to national retail chains, the independent retailer and sole trader, across a diverse range of sectors, whether trading locally, nationally or internationally. The Mold Business Forum:
- Promotes the message that Mold is a jewel in the North Wales crown and is an excellent place to locate and develop a thriving business
- Acts as a representative group to lobby politicians and influence local government for better business-friendly policies and strategies – especially to the benefit of Mold
- Supports events and initiatives that will enhance the profile and economic success of Mold/CH7-based businesses
- Provides business networking with other business people, professionals and entrepreneurs in the Mold/CH7 area
- Facilitates mentoring from other like-minded business people
- Establishes links with other suitable groups and organisations for mutual benefit